Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Matthew's baby bedding


No joke, the next project I embarked on was Matthew's baby bedding. I knew I wanted it to be custom made and honestly didn't want to spend money to have it done. So I just made it up. Luke and i went for a week to Houston for his work, and I spent the entire week making a baby bedding from measurements of the crib that I took before I left, and no pattern to speak of. Just a huge imagination for what I wanted it to look like. I love how it turned out. A little modern, a little cowboy, and a lot of boy! I used a minky for the inside, a strip for the outside, leather for the skirt and cording, and finally a cowboy print for the sheet. Lets just say, don't look too closely !!

The worst part about it all was that I used stick on velcro and when I tried sewing the velcro onto the leather attachments I nearly broke my machine. It was horrible! My needle did eventually break and I replaced it with one that didn't stick to the fabric. Note: don't try to sew anything that is sticky!

No comments: