Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bridal Shower








Luke's mom was putting on a bridal shower for a girl at Longhorn, where Luke works, and I volunteered to help. It was really a lot of fun. I started by picking out fabrics that I tought would go with the copper table in the room. Then I magically made two table runners with borders all in about 3 hours. One was 4 feet long and the other for the buffet was two feet long. Joy ironed everthing (saving me from that aweful prep work) and I basically did a bunch of straight plain stitches. I was able to put some borders on them as well which help them tie into one another. The party turned out great the next day and was such a tribute to fall.

2 comments:

The Rozell Family said...

keri i love these fabrics especially the one with birds! I am OBSESSED with birds right now. I keep painting litlte birds all over our house, on doors, walls, celings! I love them! Where di you find these materials?
E

Keri Evans said...

All the fabrics used on this project came from Bessie Mary in Highland Village. She has great stuff.