Monday, January 14, 2008

New bedding






So, my mom will be the first to tell you that I am never satisfied with bedding. The minute I have one, I am on to the next, so she would say. So, maybe she is right. Luke and i traveled a lot lately and after we had stayed in hotels in Austin for weeks, I came home to believe that my bedding looked like a hotel room bedding. I hated it. So, this weekend I ventured out to make my own. I bought a coverlet from target, the brown velvet top and used a salmon colored top sheet to make an envelope for my two down comforters inside. For some terribly odd reason, Luke and I have not gotten too hot! We both can't figure it out, but it is really heavy and just surrounds you in bed love! So I used wooden buttons for the closing and a great fabric I found at Britax to cover the large pillows. I am so happy and part of me thinks I will be keeping this one for a while since it took some huge muscle power to put together.

4 comments:

The Rozell Family said...

this looks AWESOME keri! Hey, what are you doing thurs or fri? Want to coem over and help me wtih my new machine? We could grab lunch???

em

Elizabeth said...

That looks beautiful girl!! I need you to call me 512-437-1485. Talk to you soon.
Elizabeth

Them Chandlers said...

I love brown and salmon together. You just inspired me to use that scheme in our bathroom!! I have brown walls already but haven't been satisfied with the accent colors...salmon would be perfect! You're so good :)

Emily Suzanne said...

I LOVE this!! I love all your pictures and decorating! Very nice!